We are frequently adding great programming, doing ticket giveaways and much more, so stay connected with us!
Without the generosity of The Midland Theatre family and friends, we would not be what we are today. There are a number of ways you can be a part of something very special here at The Midland Theatre.
Join the NGSO and conductor Russel Mikkelson in a journey to Italy featuring internationally acclaimed violinist Charles Wetherbee. Hear some of the world's greatest melodies and the magnificent The Pines of Rome played by the largest orchestra ever assembled on the Midland Stage!
- Overture to La gazza ladra, Gioachino Rossini
- The Lark Ascending, Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Zigeunerweisen, Pablo de Sarasate
- The Pines of Rome, Ottorino Respighi
A Very Merry Holiday Pops
Two-time Grammy winning conductor, William Boggs leads the NGSO performing Holiday music for your whole family. Choirs from Newark and Granville High School will join in for this annual NGSO tradition, a great start for everyone's Holiday season. And, if you're on the nice list, Santa is sure to make a visit!
The Silent Movie returns! Experience the golden days of cinema at the Midland, as the NGSO performs a live score to Charlie Chaplin's greatest movie, Gold Rush. This Hollywood classic will be reborn with a brand new score by Denison professor and composer Ching-chu Hu.
Oh, they are so virtuoso! Principal players of the NGSO will flaunt their skills with joy and bravado in a great evening of light classical favorites. See why our professionals are second to none as they perform well-known virtuoso showpieces. Their talent and skills will amaze and delight your whole family.
- Brandenburg Concerto no. 5, Johann Sebastian Bach
- Oboe Concert in F, Antonio Vivaldi
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusick, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Liberty Tango, Astor Piazzola
Our Season Finale takes us on a journey through time. Join conductor Luis Gabriel Biava and the NGSO performing music by The Great Masters - Beethoven, Ravel, and ending our 12th season with the magnificent Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4.
- Fidelio Overture, Ludwig van Beethoven
- Rapsodie Espagnole, Maurice Ravel
- Symphony No. 4, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky